Rwanda’s Capital, Kigali, is extremely busy this Sunday as young leaders from across the Commonwealth family of nations gather at Intare Arena to exchange ideas, build networks, identify and debate development issues, opportunities and challenges facing young people.
This Commonwealth Youth Forum officially kicked off at 11am local time with welcome remarks, entertainment, and opening remarks from a Guest of Honour.
From 12:00 noon up to 1PM, will be for the Plenary One: This panel will discuss the role of youth leadership in affecting needed change, and the roles of other actors.
Later in the day From 2pm – 3.45pm – It will be the session for, Youth Action Lab One: it will entirely focus on
- Governance and the Rule of Law: Youth Involvement in Decision-Making
- Youth and Human Capital: Inclusive, Equitable and Accessible Opportunities
- Trade, Entrepreneurship and Employment
- Information and Communication Technology and Innovation
- Sustainability: Environment, Climate Change and Blue Economies
- Health and COVID-19
Plenary Two begins at 4pm – 5pm: Reimagining Sustainability: According to the program lineup, this session will include a keynote address and a line-up of experts, change makers and influencers which will explore and redefine sustainability under the current social, political, and economic context.